White City Community Council
September 5, 2007 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Chair, There was a Quorum.
- Don Potack was excused for being late
- Introduction proceeded
- Pledge of Allegiance was recited
- Bonnie Cummings motioned to approve the July and August, motion carried
- Gene Robinson read and discussed the treasures report Bonnie Cummings
motioned to approve the treasures report, motion carried
- Paulina stated that Bonnie Cummings and Gene Robinson submitted the 2008
budget request with a 3% increase from last years budget
- Paulina deferred item number 5 to later in the meeting
- Andrea Pollos gave the statement of the side walks and flooding problem
on Larkspur and stated that the majority of the money is going to Larkspur
and if any money is left over that they would start on Poppy lane for side
walks. Greg Shultz brought up the 1300 E. sidewalks and Andrea stated that
there was a study and right away easement negotiations.
- Greg Shultz gave the School District Split update and that he was a
volunteer for the White City Community Council to update them. Paulina
asked for a show of hands for the support of opposition against the school
district split, and suggested to join the west side councils to oppose the
school district split. Greg gave the Local Sheriff’s District report, Bonnie
Cummings motioned to urge the county to pass the resolution to create the
sheriffs District, motion carried. Greg gave and update of Cog and
- James Dixon stated that the Beautification Committee has not meet
- Bonnie Cummings gave the ACCT report, passed out the lead base pamphlet,
gave the concerns about lead base paint warnings. Bonnie passed out a
pamphlet concerning for home improvement loans for elderly people, lower
income people and with families with children under the age of 6 years
old. Bonnie gave a report about west bench plan and the anti graffiti
program and mention Nancy White at the county.
- Troy Blundell gave the HB40 update he stated that the wickstrom study
has been released; Bev Uipi has a copy and will give it to Paulina Flint.
That there has been a chair and vice chair position elected on the HB40
- Bev Uipi gave the mayors update, congratulated the council about our new
logo and website, Bev stated that East mill creek invites the council to a
party being held. Bev stated that she received our budget. Bev asked for a
top 5 priorities for considering in the general budget for the county. Bev
noticed that a committee has for "monster housing" has been
arranged and asked if the council would like to be notified or
participate, the council asked to be notified. Bev stated that Jeff
Silverstreny was working on the county volunteer form and Bonnie Cummings
was asked to get a copy of the working for that he is working on. Bev Uipi
asked what has been done about the White Towers Swimming Club and 501c3.
Carrie Hansen gave the update.
- Paulina address the Sheriffs Substation and said that the Sheriffs are
using the facility
- Carrie Hansen noticed the Swimming Clubs night out against crime
- Paulina Flint appointed Art Kimball as the Election Committee Chair
- Paulina Flint appointed Don Patocka, Paul Smith, and James Dixon to
serve on the committee with Art Kimball
- James Dixon mentioned the amount of visitors to the website
- Paulina Flint addressed the newsletter and noted that the news letter
needs to be to residences by October 6th which will contain the
notification of election. Paulina stated that the lead based paint and
county home loan program flyer/door knock will be put in the newsletter.
Greg Shultz stated that it was ok to publish stuff about HB40 since it was
public. Paul Smith motioned that we send out the newsletter by mail.
- Bonnie Cummings motioned to appoint a safety committee chairman,
motion died from lack of seconding Paulina stated we didn’t need a
motion to appoint the safety committee chairman.
- Bonnie Cummings motioned to appoint a Bylaw committee, motion died from
lack of seconding Paulina Flint stated that as a community council the
council should meet as the bylaw committee
- Paulina stated that a Bylaw meeting would be directly after the public
- Meeting Adjourned