White City Community Council
June 4th, 2008 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S. 1300 E. Room #105
- Meeting called to order by Paulina Flint, Vice Chair, Troy Blundell, Chair was excused, there was a Quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and Pledge of Allegiance lead by Gene Robinson proceeded.
- Don Patocka made a motion to approve the May Minutes, it was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen made a motion to postpone the Treasurer’s report due to the fact we have not received a statement yet. Motion seconded and approved. A discussion was held about seeing if the bank would be willing to change the cycle for the statement. Jeremy will talk to the bank and see if that can be done so we will have a statement in time for our meeting.
- Greg Schultz gave the West Side Community Council staff report. 1. We need to get the top five (5) priorities for the budget to the SL County Council by the end of June. 2. Special Projects (Festival, hosting, etc.) budget 2009 needs to be in by August 1. 3. Mountain View Corridor on the West side. UDOT looking at a possible Toll Road, but possibly would not generate enough revenue to justify cost. Need letter from council on our position. Jeremy Christensen made a motion to support the letter written opposing the Toll Road, seconded and approved.
- Jeff Allen asked if it would be a good time to go through the drive through White City Report and all agreed. Jeff listed as the priorities 1.) Storm Drains-Serpentine, Opal Circle, Carnation, Galena and Larkspur. 2.) Safe Sidewalks and Street lights-complete effort. 3.) Bear Park-Complete Master Plan (Bowery), better enforcement, Capacity study and scheduling. 4.) Dimple Dell Park-Work Master Plan, complete planned park on North ridge, stream embankment, Edgemont sharing parking. Jeff indicated that the Volunteer Forms would be on the SLC Council agenda next Tuesday. Jeff Allen and LaVar Christensen then asked to be excused.
- ACCT report-census designated property will be listed on the SLC County website in the next update.
- A draft copy of the by-laws will be available at the next meeting in July.
- Planning and Zoning-Variance to approve a carport at 10303 Carnation Dr. Paul Smith made a motion to approve variance. Motion seconded and approved. Other variance at 1013 Serpentine Way for oversize garage on property came too late for our approval prior to deadline. Jim Johnson will look at details and report back next meeting. Jim Johnson made a motion to have a 30 day continuance, seconded and approved.
- Newsletter- Need to mention that Website is donated by X Mission at no cost. If anyone has some old Photos of area 50 years ago please see if they might be available for the letter. Specific the old Glad home in the area.
- White City Celebration- Don Patocka made a motion to approve having Paulina Flint fill out the reservation form for Bear park and sign it for the WCCC, motion seconded and approved. Celebration is on 16 August from 12 pm to 10 pm. Will have a 50’s theme. Sheriff’s office indicated they would be doing child safety, Search and Rescue, SWAT and K-9 Dogs, Child ID’s, Bike Rodeo. Unified Fire will also be there.
- Deputy Brody Waldram gave the Sheriff’s report biggest problem area has been the south end of the park and 10600 south. People still running stop sign at Marble and Flint. Sheriff Jim Winder talked about an initiative to make a Unified Sheriff’s Authority or a Police Service District in the near future. Pill drop box location will not have to change from Cottonwood Height station.
- Mayor’s Office- Bev Uipi now working all 12 councils. HB 40 is now being worked by Nicole Dunn in the Mayor’s Office. Response has been 24% and 88% knew about survey. Neighbor to Neighbor will be revisited for boundaries and will be coordinated with the dumpster schedule on 9-15 Sept. We need to submit municipal services by Sept. Contact information is trying to be updated within county for councils.
- New Business- Motion from Jeremy Christensen to change agenda item on April minutes to May, seconded and approved. Any ideas for the name of the celebration? If so get them to Paulina Flint. FYI Members in the Millcreek Township Community Council trying to incorporate and have separate survey but is not authorized by council.
- Motion was made by Jeremy Christensen to adjourn, motion carried.