White City Township Community Council
July 2nd, 2008 @ 7:00 PM
Edgemont Elementary School 1085 E. 9800 S. (Galena) Teachers Rm.
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, Ralph Cooley, was excused he fell and broke his left hand and had surgery Monday, there was a Quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and Pledge of Allegiance lead by Jeremy Christensen proceeded.
- Don Patocka made a motion to approve the June Minutes, it was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen presented the Treasurer’s report for May and June. Don Patocka made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion seconded and approved.
- Troy Blundell made a presentation to the Logo Award Winners from last year. 1st Place winner was Josh Awtry and Runner-up was Amelia-Catron. He presented them with their checks and certificates for winning.
- Zoning Issues were discussed: William Hayden at 1018 Serpentine Way wants to build a garage in his yard that is 400 sq ft larger than the current zoning allows. The neighbors have approved the project and they do not see any problems with it being approved. Jim Johnson made a motion to approve the project as long as it meets the County construction codes. Motion seconded and approved. William Hayden volunteered to be one of the Zoning representatives on the council.
- Deputy Brody Waldrum gave the Sheriff’s report. He reported that a number of felonies were removed from the area last month and that they were planning to include I.D. cards for children at the Fair in August. A discussion was held on the drug drop-box that is still in the Cottonwood Heights sub-Station. They are still working on several issues in the area (parking & assaults). Discussed briefly the possibility of a 5K race and what would be required.
- Bev Uipi gave the report from Mayor Corroon’s office. Indicated there would be a Neighborhood to Neighborhood tour on Monday
7 July at 9:30 am. Bev is now working all of the Community Councils. They are working on contact information on the web-site for Councils as well as web-site. WCTCC should be receiving the $21,000 as soon as the volunteer forms are available. She reported that the volunteer forms are ready for approval and passed copies out. Paulina Flint made a motion to ratify the volunteer
form (as to form) on ratification of SL County Council. Motion Seconded, one opposed, one abstained and 6 approved.
- West Side Community Council report by Greg Schultz. Greg passed out White City Community Council “Top 5” Municipal Priorities for the 2009 Budget Year. Paulina Flint made a motion to approve list as presented. Motion seconded and approved. He presented the ACCT Municipal Services Priorities FY 2009. Paulina Flint made a motion to support ACCT on these priorities. Seconded and approved. He invited everyone out to the Magna celebration on 4 July. Paulina Flint made a motion to write a letter to the SL County Council thanking them for creating the position on the West Side Council and commending Greg for the job he has done in the last year and recommending that he continue in this position. Seconded and approved.
- ACCT report-Paulina Flint reported on the activities going on and the results of the survey that should be out about 1 Aug. on HB 40. Will include CDP’s in any further maps and surveys.
- Modifications to Bylaws -discussed changes that needed to be made to draft copy. Some minor changes were recommended to the draft.
- A summary of the Sandy Hills Community Council meeting was given by Ferral Swink. He indicated that they are in the process of reworking the council and getting it reactivated. He excused Jim Staker since he was planning to attend but was unable.
- Newsletter- Paulina is working to get information for the Newsletter. Will send out flyers on Celebration until we can get newsletter together. Don Patocka made a motion to approve Paulina Flint to write letters to School Boards asking for use of School facilities. Seconded and approved.
- Introduced some attendees at the meeting who have lived in White City since the 50’s.
- Community Event- discussed the date and starting time. 16 August 3:00PM -10:00PM.
- Motion was made by Paulina Flint to adjourn, motion carried.