White City Township Community Council
October 1st, 2008 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S. 1300 E. Room #105.
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a Quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and Pledge of Allegiance lead by Gene Robinson
- Roger Harding, Democratic Candidate for SL County Council District 6 gave
a few comments about the community and thanked them for allowing him to
address the council.
- Kay Dickerson presented the September 3rd, 2008 minutes for approval. Don
Patocka made a motion to approve the September 3rd Minutes, it was seconded
- Paulina Flint made a motion to move the Sheriff’s report up to now in
the agenda, it was seconded and approved.
- Brady Waldrum gave the Sheriff’s report and passed around the case
report for the month. He noted that they now have two full time cars in the
area and Detectives.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report. Paulina Flint made a
motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion was seconded and
- Paulina Flint made a motion to defer the Mayor’s Office Report, it was
seconded and approved.
- Kay Dickerson reported on the upcoming elections and noted that we need to
have the Candidates get their applications in by 9 October.
- Bev Uipi gave the Mayor’s report. Discussed the Cleanup project and it
was well done. Thanked everyone for the effort.
- Paulina Flint made a motion to have the Parks and Recreation Dept. under
their Health, Safety and Welfare requirements conduct a capacity study of
Bear Park. Motion seconded and approved.
- Troy Blundell reported on the community cleanup. Thanked everyone for all
the effort they put in. Paulina Flint made a motion to write a letter to
Lance Everill Facilities scheduler for the Jordan School District about the
clean up that was done on the walkways between the school to Carnation and
to Violet Dr. recommending that they do continued maintenance of these
walkways. Troy Blundell and Paulina Flint will prepare a letter. Motion
seconded and approved.
- HB-40 discussion. Troy discussed what is taking place. It was recommended
that the Sunset Law needs to be removed County wide. We need to make sure
that the Legislature does repeal the Sunset Law.
- ACCT report was given by Greg Schultz. ACCT made a recommendation to hire
- Greg full time with the County. Mike Hansen of Granite Community Council
made a recommendation to get Dimple Dell Park out of Sandy and back into SL
County. Greg mentioned that the School District split is a REAL problem.
Everyone has agreed on a Unified Police District and they are working out
- Paulina Flint discussed the upcoming Legislative Dinner from 6-9pm on 20
November, 2008 at the West Valley Cultural Center. No partners are to attend
for council members.
- Troy Blundell discussed the letter to White City Water Company requesting
space in the Sheriff’s station for storage of White City Township
Community Council bulk items.
- New Business-Paulina Flint discussed that many Cities are having financial
problems and other issues. She included the results of the Dan Jones Survey.
She discussed what is taking place on the water source protection action.
- Motion was made by Troy Blundell to adjourn, motion carried.