White City Township Community Council
November 5th, 2008 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S. 1300 E. Room #105.
- Meeting called to order by Paulina Flint, Vice-Chair, there was a Quorum.
Troy Blundell and Jeremy Christensen were excused.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Gene
- Kay Dickerson presented the October 1st, 2008 minutes for approval. Don
Patocka made a motion to approve the October Minutes, it was seconded and
- Don Patocka made a motion to defer the Treasurer's report to the next
meeting, it was seconded and approved.
- Planning and Zoning issue was presented by Nate Hedman on developing the
property at 913 E. 9400 South. He wants to put in a duplex similar to the
units across the road at Meckailee Cove. Zoned as A-1. Don Patocka made a
motion to approve this development as long as it meets County guidelines and
requirements. Seconded and approved. Paulina Flint will write a letter to
the County noting approval of the Project.
- Kay Dickerson made a motion to add the Sheriff's report to the agenda.
Seconded and approved.
- Brody Waldrum gave the Sheriff's report. Brody discussed the crosswalk at
9400 S and Poppy going North and South is Sandy City's responsibility. We
need to be concerned about mail deliveries in White City because there have
been a number of thefts of checks in the mailboxes both outgoing and in
coming mail. We need to be cautious about putting these items in unsecure
mailboxes and leaving them unattended. There has been some graffiti at well
sites on Serpentine. We need to call in any tagging if we see it in the
area. They are trying to coordinate with Sandy on some of the drug dealing
going on in the area. Had a discussion about the cars not having the White
City Township logo on them. Brody said he would check on our concern.
- Bev Uipi gave the Mayor's report. The Mayor wants to thank everyone on
their support. A reminder that during this winter cars will be ticketed if
on the streets at night during snowstorms that would hinder snow removal or
create hazards for the plows. Not much to report with the Elections going
on. Thanked everyone for the support in her job.
- Kay Dickerson gave a report on the election for 2008. Concerns about the
voting areas not being at a polling place in their own precincts'. Voter
turnout would have been better if voters were voting in areas were they
normally vote rather that at other areas. Winners were the following:
District 2 Ralph Cooley, District 6 Paul Smith, and At-Large Don Patocka.
Gene Robinson made a motion to accept the election report. Seconded and
- Paulina Flint gave a report on HB-40. Gave the secretary a copy of the
final report for the record on the survey. She discussed the Legislative
Dinner coming up. We need to let our representatives know our concerns and
let them help.
- Greg Schultz gave a report on ACCT. Asked County to make technical
corrections to Codes to better clarify for the average person. Area code
overlays need to be worked within communities. Budget is out and is under
review. Greg will get a copy of the line items on the budget. There is a
hiring freeze within the County. Cities need to stay out of the business of
Townships and let Townships work out their own business and planning. The
school district split will affect Townships. Need to keep aware of budget
planning and future taxes with the increase in Townships and unified
- New Business. Paulina discussed Township Days and if we want one next
year. It was decided that we still want one next year. On January 10 there
will be a training meeting for ACCT at the County offices. What do we
suggest needs to be presented at this meeting? How about something in the
Planning and Zoning area in depth training?
- Max Burdick was at the meeting and said thanks.
- Motion was made by Paul Smith to adjourn, motion carried.