White City Township Community Council
April 7th, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Deputy
- Several candidates from the Canyons School District Board were present
at the meeting, Melody Shock, Steve Wrigley, and Trisha Beck. They
introduced themselves and talked a few minutes on they positions on the new
school district. Trisha Beck talked a few minutes about HB 222 about the
Land Use Ordinance that had been passed. She then discussed the concern
about prescription drug abuse, drug testing, and Soma a highly addictive
drug that is being used today.
- Minutes of March 3rd meeting were presented by Kay Dickerson. Don
Patocka made a motion to approve the March 3rd minutes. Motion was seconded
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for March 2010. Jeremy
indicated that the other councils in the Southeast area need to be contacted
for funding for the Township Days Event. Don Patocka made a motion to
approve the report. Motion was seconded and approved. Paulina Flint made a
motion to approve funding of $80.00 to cover the filing of the 1024 form.
Motion seconded and approved.
- Census Bureau no one was present so discussion moved to next item.
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Officer Report was given by Deputy James
Taylor. Deputy Taylor discussed the clothing allowance for the officers that
they may buy uniforms at any location as long as they are blue uniforms.
Will be using Sheriff’s identified cars until signs are changed which should
be soon. Stats for March 162 Calls with 72 cases, 3 Assaults. Response time
has been good. Training in park worked well and should help when live
responses are required.
- SLC Mayor’s report- Bev Uipi is now back after her shoulder surgery and
has cut back on her schedule. The Chicken Ordinance passed and people need
to obtain permits within 90 days. The Earthquake Preparedness week is coming
up this week.
- West Side Community Council Staff report was given by Greg Schultz. The
Land Use Ordinance was made more user friendly. Process is now Community
- Public Works and Community Outreach Forum-Troy Blundell the meeting will
be May 15, Saturday 9:00am to noon in room 2001.
- Amendments to the Community Council Ordinances. We need to make changes
to the noticing requirements of 30 days and change to appropriate in the
ordinance. Don Patocka made a motion to support changes to the ordinance on
noticing (Details in handout). Motion seconded and approved.
- Crusade for the Homeless to support effort-Paulina Flint requested we
support effort to provide housing for the Homeless. Don Patocka made a
motion to support effort to help raise money to build units. Motion seconded
- White City Water Users-Melody Shock and Don Patocka as part of the
sub-committee are no longer meeting and no activity, would like to close
bank account and donate funds back to council. Gave a check for $780.05 to
treasure to deposit into council account from the closed account. Don
Patocka made a motion to dissolve the White City Water Users sub-committee.
Motion seconded and approved.
- Southeast Township Days-Paulina Flint mentioned that the Park has been
scheduled for August 28, 2010 for this event. She indicated she needed
copies of the January 2010 Minutes signed by the secretary. Setup time will
start at noon. We need to raise $5000.00 to make program work since we will
be having a Stage, Fireworks, Fun Services, Food, Car Show, etc. Contact any
organizations that may be willing to sponsor the event.
- New Business -7th East Project- Community Coordination Team member Kay
Dickerson reported on the effort of the CCT and how it may affect Harper
Construction on their profit. He needs your input to assist in this effort.
They are meeting once a month to review the progress.
- Adjourned 9:10pm