White City Township Community Council
June 2nd, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, excused Ralph Cooley and
Paulina Flint, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Kay
- Minutes of May 5th meeting were presented by Kay Dickerson. Don Patocka
made a motion to amend the minutes to remove the name of the resident
objecting on 700 East which was done and recommend approval of the minutes.
Motion was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for May 2010. Don Patocka
made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion seconded and
- Jeremy Christensen gave the report on the Township Days revolving fund
and indicated that we still needed to raise $3000.00 to cover all expenses.
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Officer Report was given by Deputy James
Taylor. Stats for June 168 Calls with 68 cases, 3 Domestic, 1 Sexual, 2
Stolen Cars, 3 Burglaries(Homes)(No dead bolts), 4 Larceny and 1 Fraud. (See
report for complete listing). With summer coming we need to be on the watch
to help look for unfamiliar people in the neighborhood to help prevent home
- West Side Community Council Staff report was given by Greg Schultz. Gave
us a copy of the 2010 Legislative Summary report which is out now. He will
be absent next month. Legislative Transportation discussion on funding
indicates with less money coming in due to more efficient cars bringing in
less revenue on miles driven. The County is talking about maybe putting a
fee on car registration to help with road repairs. Still in the discussion
- Sidewalks-Jeremy Christensen indicated that the criteria to install
sidewalks are different than traffic calming. It is based on a hazards
index. Galena is on the list but in the future about 5 years or more. For
traffic calming a citizen needs to get 10 signatures to get on the list.
- September Cleanup-Jeremy Christensen asked if the Sanitation Department
had larger trailers and they indicated limited ones. They will be about the
same as last year. If we need help call then and they will cone out to help
if needed. They indicated that rather than recycling ever week that it was
more cost effective to ask for another bin at no extra charge. The Open
House for County Services, Sanitation, Planning and Zoning Department heads
are trying to get better communication with the people getting permits.
- SLC Mayor’s report- Bev Uipi gave the Mayor’s office report. She
reminded us that if we need another recycle bin that should not be a
problem. A discussion was held about a neighborhood garden next to the Pizza
Hut on 1300 east if that may work out. She then turned the time over to
Mayor Peter Corroon. He indicated that the second bill was out for the
Unified Police Department fee. Community Workshop was a good meeting. June
15 is the date to have priorities for communities to Mayor. Domestic Fowl
Ordinance passed. SL County Animal Services won best in State. Lowest
euthanasia rate. Board of Adjustments and Planning needs members. Sanitation
Dumpsters will be out September 15 thru 20 7am. Vouchers for Aug should be
out in July. Mayor’s open doors will be June 9, Thursday, 4 to 7pm. SL
County is doing Solar & Energy efficient studies to help pay bonds. Sales
Tax revenues are coming in as projected. The County has taken it’s lumps in
2010 and next year should be better.
- New Business -7th East Project- Community Coordination Team member Kay
Dickerson reported on the project and they were making good progress,
concrete should be going done in late June.
- Steve Morrison who is running for the Canyons School District Board as a
White City resident introduced himself to the group.
- Adjourned 8:20pm