White City Township Community Council
September 1st, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Paulina Flint, Vice-Chair, excused Troy
Blundell and Bev Uipi, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance lead by Paul Smith.
- Minutes of August 4th meeting were presented. Don Patocka made a motion
to approve the minutes. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for August 2010. He moved
$1000.00 for the Township Days and we will still have sufficient funds to
print info for the Newsletter and the Elections. We should be ok this year
the current balances are $1048 Checking and $1860.23 Savings. Paul Smith
made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Motion was seconded and
- South East Township Days-We went in the hole this year on funding but we
had some left over from last year and the two year balance broke even with
about $52 plus. We will possibly be about $300 plus when all funds are in
from the other Councils. We need to have a committee meeting on next year’s
event. Don Patocka made a motion to accept the Township Days report. Motion
was seconded and approved
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Report was skipped due to Deputy James Taylor
not being available.
- ACCT Meeting – Greg Schultz gave the report since Bev Uipi was absent.
Need 2011 Budgets today. Have the information on the Elections committee.
Sales Tax data should be available later this week and it is coming in above
- ACCT Report- Paulina Flint reported that at the next meeting most of the
Candidates for the upcoming Election will be present. Diane Turner is
questionable. Others may attend but not confirmed. September 28th ACCT
annual meeting will be with the Salt Lake County Council at 4:30pm.
- South East Township Days 2011-Paulina Flint suggested that we schedule
next year’s Township Days for 27 August 2011 now. We need to have a
committee meeting in the near future and discuss the car show and maybe
consider other options. We need to get the date on the calendar and on the
website. Jeremy Christensen made a motion to go forth with the 27 August
2011 date for the Southeast Township Days. Motion seconded and approved.
- New Business –Paulina Flint indicated that the issue of traffic calming
in the area needs to be looked and the information was handed out at the
meeting for everyone to review. Kay Dickerson discussed the 7th East road
project and the work is a little behind the schedule because of many issues
but the contractor is moving out to have the road bed done on schedule. Some
of the other areas may come later such as, sidewalk, curb and gutter,
driveways, aprons etc. The big push will to complete the roadway and then
work the other items. They are making every effort to finish by the end of
- Candidates at Meeting-Jeff Hatch, County Auditor, reported on the Salt
Lake County Auditor’s Department and indicated that the new computer
program, BRASS, is now working on the budgets and the internal working of
the departments. Information Services in Auditing Technology and Software
and equipment is looking at proper protection for the programs. There is a
great deal of interest in maintaining proper security risks within the
department. They are looking at new programs to run on property taxes to
make it more current and improve efficiency and accuracy. Financial Plans
Systems is implementing a new system to be more efficient. Taylor Ayers,
Senate Dist. 9, thanked everyone for being at the South East Township Days.
He grew up just north of Bear Park and now lives just south of 10600 South.
He is an attorney for criminal defense by trade. He believes in local
government not large government. Steve Wrigley, Canyons School District 5.
He indicated that of 16506 voters 12297 voted. In White City of 3500 voters
only 514 vote on a regular basis. We have 28% of the votes but only 5% vote.
Of the 3100 voters only 934 vote. Chances are the Alta View will not be
closed this time around but we need to get more voters out to vote.
- FYI-Tony Christensen took pictures of South East Township Day and
brought them to the meeting. Paulina thanked everyone for the support of SE
Township Days and everything was cleaned up around 1am.