White City Township Community Council
October 6th, 2010 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Paulina Flint, Vice- Chair, there was a quorum.
Excused Troy Blundell.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Greg
- Kay Dickerson presented the September 1st, 2010 minutes for approval.
Don Patocka made a motion to approve the September 1st Minutes. Motion was
seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for September. He
mentioned that we have a balance of $1414.98 but we also do not have any
extra that would help pay for any future Township activities. We should be
able to pay for elections and mentioned that we have not received any funds
from the other Townships we participated in the 2010 Event. Paulina Flint
made a motion to approve the report. Motion was seconded and approved.
- White City Township Election Committee Report was given by Don Patocka.
Don reported that the information has been submitted to the County and the
supplies have not been received yet. Notices of the election have been
posted in the various areas as required. Need candidates to submit
information for the election before the deadline. Paul Smith made a motion
to supply lunch or snacks and dinner for the poll workers. Motion seconded
and approved. Paul Smith made a motion to accept the Election Committee
report. Motion seconded and approved.
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the Sheriff’s Department made his
report. They had 198 calls with 89 cases, 3 assaults, 5 families and 2
burglaries. He was then excused so he could report to another council.
- Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office-Bev Uipi indicated that most of her
effort has been working with the Councils on the elections and their
deadlines. Budgets for the councils have been submitted and they are the
same as last year. Some were adjusted to account for the Township Days.
Planning Department has been honored recently for their services this last
year. Upgrade for Big Bear park is still in the budget.
- SL County Representative Greg Schultz gave his report. There is not much
going on in the Legislature this year with the elections coming up. The
budget is flat from last year. Magna Main Street is finally finding business
so the businesses are able to make money. They are looking at doing dual
titles on Mortgaged homes to help get better response on vacant homes. They
are having problems with code enforcement and foreclosure process.
- ACCT Paulina Flint gave the report for ACCT. She reported that some of
the Legislative Candidates will be at the next meeting. We also need to
remember that there will be training on Planning and Zoning in January 2011.
She discussed briefly the EPA Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund Grants program
and suggested that we should look at applying for some of these grants. Gene
Robinson made a motion to support in requesting for some of these funds and
also to support ACCT in requesting for some of this funding. Motion was
seconded and approved.
- New Business- Residents living on Garnet Drive wanted to see if the
council could maybe help them get some action or advice as what to do about
a home at 9808 Garnet Drive. The owner is modifying the home to be a duplex
and the area is not zoned for duplexes. There are cars and junk in other
yards and they are not willing to clean up the area. We indicated that we
would forward this information to the SL County Planning and Zoning and see
if some action could be taken.
- Canyons School District-Melody Shock who is running for the school board
discussed a little about her and what she wants to do if elected.
- Jeremy Christensen made a motion to adjourn. Seconded and approved.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:35 pm.