White City Township Community Council
January 5th, 2011 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Ralph
- Kay Dickerson presented the December 1st, 2010 minutes for approval.
Paulina Flint made a motion to approve the amended December 1st, 2010
Minutes. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for December. He
mentioned that we have a $255.00 Savings balance and $127.00 Checking. He
mentioned that to save on having less than $500.00 balance that we have
changed the type of account we have. Paulina Flint made a motion to accept
the Treasurers report. Motion was seconded and approved. Paulina Flint made
a motion to pay the ACCT and Utah Neighborhood dues $10 and $20. Motion was
seconded and approved.
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the Sheriff’s Department made his
report. They had 158 calls with 57 cases. He reminded us of the winter
parking facts that if you park on the street when snow is expected that you
might get ticketed or the road not plowed. They will be giving warnings and
then tickets. You may also have your car towed if not moved off the street.
- Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office and West Side Community Council report
by Greg Schultz. State Legislature meetings coming up and some bills being
considered. Eliminate Police fees, Limit Code Enforcement rules-limit of
distance to property, Wimmer-House Joint resolution on back taxes. Alcohol
Bill out on changing the way of allowing licenses. Cities are unable to
raise funds based on no sale of alcohol.
- ACCT Resolution designating representatives Paulina Flint and Troy
Blundell, with Don Patocka and Jeremy Christensen as alternates was
- Troy Blundell discussed the SLCO Community Council Grant Agreement Forms
with ACCT and Paulina Flint made a motion to sign the Grant Agreement on 13
January 2011 at ACCT. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Council Member Conflict of Interest Forms-Troy discussed forms and they
were distributed to council members for signing since we have to sign these
forms every year.
- Southeast Townships Days Committee for 2011-Don Patocka made a motion to
form a committee to have a Townships Day on 27 August 2011 and have Paulina
Flint and Troy Blundell chair. Motion seconded and approved.
- ACCT Report-Paulina Flint reported the ACCT is opposing any legislation
to change present Utah State Statutes on Townships. There will be an
election of officers next Thursday, 6 January 2011. The Training Workshop
will be Saturday 29 January 2011.
- New Business- Ralph Cooley District 2 Representative turned in his
resignation from the Council due to other responsibilities and presented
Mary Johnson as a possible replacement. She lives in the White City area in
District 2 and has lived in the area since May 2009. She has a degree in
Political Science from the University of Utah and would like to get involved
in local issues that affect her family. Her husband runs his own business
and is interested in getting involved in the area. Paulina Flint made a
motion to accept Ralph Cooley’s resignation from the council. Motion
seconded and approved. Paulina Flint made a motion to accept Mary Johnson to
fulfill the remainder of Mr. Cooley’s Term. Motion seconded and approved by
acclimation. Paulina Flint made a motion to fund the current Website when
funding is available. Motion seconded and approved
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.