White City Township Community Council
March 2nd, 2011
@ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S
1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by James Taylor.
- Kay Dickerson presented the February 2nd, 2011 minutes for approval. Don
Patocka made a motion to approve the February 2nd, 2011 Minutes. Motion was
seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for February. He mentioned
that we have had no activity in the account this month. He mentioned that the
money from the County should be available Monday 7 March at the ACCT Meeting
Don Patocka made a motion to accept the Treasurers report. Motion was seconded
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the Sheriff’s Department made his report.
They had 148 calls with 46 cases. Jeremy Christensen asked about the traffic
or incidents at the intersection on 9400 S and Poppy Lane, on the County side.
What are the numbers reported. Also some discussion about visibility problems
at the Larkspur, Amaryllis and Zinnia intersections. Don Patocka was concerned
about the traffic between 700E and Buddlea, specific about accidents. He indicated
that a speed study needs to be done. The Principle at the Elementary School
has asked for the Sheriff to look at traffic problems around the school. Deputy
Taylor indicated he would follow up on these issues.
- Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office and West Side Community Council report by
Greg Schulz. Mayor’s Office will hold the meeting with Community Council Chairs
on 30 March. The Mayor’s Open House will be on 31 March from 4 to 6 pm. Municipal
priorities list of 5 items is due 31 March. Volunteer hours need to be provided
to the County for their report by 22 March. Legislative Report-HB-226 Police
Fees will be ending Dec 31, 2012. Need to follow the bill to control costs for
school district splits.
- New Business- No new business,
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.