White City Township Community Council
April 6th, 2011
@ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S
1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jeremy Christensen.
- Kay Dickerson presented the March 2nd, 2011 minutes for approval. Don Patocka
made a motion to approve the March 2nd, 2011 Minutes. Motion was seconded and
- Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurer’s report for February. He indicated
that we had received the money from the County. Special Projects $4410.00 and
Administrative Funds $3389.00. Paulina Flint made a motion to accept the Treasurers
report. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Todd Draper from the Salt Lake County Planning and Development Services
Division made a presentation on the new policies of the division. He indicated
that one of them would be attending more of the council meetings on a regular
basis and they would be presenting items to the councils for review. He indicated
this would be a much better way to assist the councils of planning and development
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the Sheriff’s Department was unable to
attend tonight due to other more pressing issues within the County
- Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office and West Side Community Council report by
Greg Schulz. Mayor Office-He passed out a handout that addressed many of the
items from their office, such as, Police Fees, Front Yard Parking, concerns
about auto registration and inoperable vehicles in yards and not being dismantled.
72 Hour limit seemed a little unreasonable. Todd Draper indicated that their
office was reviewing the list also. There was a copy of the budget checklist
included in the report.
- Southeast Township Days-Paulina Flint indicated that they had the first
meeting on the 1st of April and the next meeting is scheduled for 6 May at the
White City Water Offices. Items discussed but not limited to where the following-Trail
Mix 10K Run is being handled by Wasatch Racing and they have setup a Website
to handle the Event. - Fireworks are being done by Vortex. –Food -Texas Barbecue
is planned. We are preparing flyers to be ready in the next couple of weeks.
The car show is ready to go with no planned conflicts like last year.-Band is
scheduled and set to be available. We will need a number of volunteers on the
27 of August in the early morning to setup and put out signage. If anyone is
able to help let Paulina Flint know.
- New Business- Don Patocka mentioned that there is new ordnance to license
cats. He mentioned that it was to reduce the number to be euthanized. It requires
a chip and license for $5.00. There is no limit on the number of cats. They
are still working the ordnance. Paulina Flint mentioned that Tim Ward would
be speaking at ACCT on 16 April 9, 2011 this is for Small Business Owners. This
would be a Seminar like presentation. Jeremy Christensen mentioned he had talked
to UDOT about 9400 south and since Sandy City owns the street in the area of
Poppy lane they have no jurisdiction.
- Meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm.