White City Township Community Council
June 1st, 2011 @
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S
1300 E Room # 105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum. Excused
- Welcome, Introductions and then Pledge of Allegiance was led by Kay Dickerson.
- Kay Dickerson presented the May 4th, 2011 minutes for approval. Paulina
Flint made a motion to approve the May 4th, 2011 Minutes. Motion was seconded
- Jeremy Christensen was not present therefore no Treasurer’s report was given
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the UPD made a report. He indicated that
no Stats were available for May yet. Midvale has now joined the UPD and Taylorsville
is having a meeting this week. Burglaries are down right now. The department
will support Township Days with a full complement. Water runoff is of a major
concern for the next month.
- Salt Lake County Mayor’s Office and West Side Community Council report by
Greg Schulz. Mayor’s Office-Sheriff’s fee Town Hall meeting is Wed. June 8th.
They are looking at ways to maybe include with property tax which may save residents
money. Residents need to attend meeting and share concerns or ideas to be considered.
- Southeast Township Days 27 August-Paulina Flint indicated considerable progress
is being made with contracts being completed and events are coming together
well. Anyone that is going to car show could help by taking flyers and handing
them out at different events. Contact Paulina for flyers. If you know of any
vendors that would like to come and help give them the info about the event.
- New Business- Paulina Flint mentioned that at the ACCT meeting Tom Stevens
will address Digital Signs and Billboards. Pizza Hut on 1300 East and 10500
South, Russell Baldwin wants to do a cleanup project on Carnation by where Veronica
and Crocus come in. This borders the community but is part of Dimple Dell Park.
We need to talk to the new Public Works Director, Patrick Leary to see if this
may be something that could be done. Mr. Leary is very nice to work with on
these types of projects.
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.