White City Township Community Council
August 3rd, 2011
@ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S
1300 E Room - Hallway
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
- Welcome, Introductions and then no Pledge of Allegiance, because of no flag,
by Troy Blundell.
- Kay Dickerson presented the July 6th, 2011 minutes for approval. Paulina
Flint made a motion to approve the July 6th, 2011 Minutes. Motion was seconded
- Deferred Treasurer’s report until later.
- Sheriff’s Report. James Taylor of the UPD made a report. The report for
July was 205 Calls, 76 Cases, 2 Assaults and 9 Domestic calls. The full report
is attached. He will be changing assignments in the near term and a new officer
will be coming in from the Midvale precinct at 7912 S. Main. The new Captain
is Tony Mason.
- New Fireworks Law-Troy Blundell mentioned that ACCT wants changes to the
law and is asking residents for input or concerns that we may have relative
to the new Law. Paulina Flint made a motion to defer the discussion since there
were no apparent opinions from our residents at the present time.
- Emergency Volunteer Coordinator-Janice Kirby is interested in taking this
position, in place of Troy Blundell. Paulina Flint made a motion to approve
Janice Kirby as the new EVC to replace Troy. Motion seconded and approved.
- Insurance from ACCT- Troy gave the secretary a copy of the new insurance
coverage for the council from ACCT.
- Jeremy Christensen presented the Treasurer’s report for July. We now have
the funds for Township Day. There is a copy of the report attached to the minutes.
Paul Smith made a motion to approve the report. Motion seconded and approved.
- 2012 Budget- A discussion was held and it was decided to increase the budget
request to the County by 10% for the next year. Paulina Flint made a motion
to increase the budget for 2012 by 10%. Motion seconded and approved.
- Southeast Township Days 27 August-Paulina Flint –We are in great shape money
wise and things are coming together well for all the events. The North side
banners are up and we need someone to work the South side. There are 40 banners
and they need to be in place soon.
- New Business- Russell Ballard from the Pizza Hut on 1300 east had a clean
up along Carnation Drive and the White Tower area. They are planning to do more
cleanups with maybe the Neighbor to Neighbor Project on 15 Oct. Vouchers should
be available for Oct. 1st to the 30th. Recycle will start to be picked up every
week in September and will be an extra $2.00.
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:57 pm.