White City Township Community Council
May 2nd, 2012 @ 7:05 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E Room #105
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum.
Welcomed visitors Jan Kirby, Dortha Robinson and Dave Scharffs. Jim Winder
may be attending meeting later. Pledge was lead by Dave Scharffs.
- UPD Report. Brooks Green of the UPD made a report on the police calls in
the area for the month of April calls-197, cases-53, offenses-56. Property
crimes are occurring more and there were a couple of speed complaints. The
case load has been down but starts to pick up in the next couple of months.
- Salt Lake County Mayorís Office-Beth Graham gave us the checks for
Administrative Funds and Special Events. Par Bond discussion is coming up in
June at the Council Meeting. Neighborhood to Neighborhood will not be done
this year in our area. Utah Canal is being decommissioned and Sandy will set
up a meeting on the subject. This will affect our area since it runs down
the center of White City.
- Approval of April 4th Minutes-April 4th Minutes were presented by Kay
Dickerson and Paulina Flint made a motion to approve the minutes. Seconded
- Treasurerís report for April. Jeremy Christensen was not available and
there had not been much activity no report was given.
- Southeast Township Days-Paulina Flint mentioned that not much will be
happening for about a month. J. C. Hackett has not been responding to phone
calls and we have received no response from him and appears to be
unavailable. Radio Station 94.1 Clear Channel will host the show for $1000
from 4pm to 8pm. Don Patocka made a motion to accept the proposal. Motion
seconded and approved. We are proceeding to sign up people for the event.
Lt. Simmons of the Utah National Guard would like a booth and will do the
flag ceremony for us. Paulina mentioned he needed to e-mail her the
information and we will make a 10X10 booth available for them.
- New Business- Ken Prince at 903 Carnation Dr. expressed a concern about
the traffic on Carnation Drive. It seems to be overloaded with traffic from
prior closure of 10600 South and 700 East. He would like to see other stop
signs or traffic controlling devices along the street to help reduce the
speed on Carnation. Some possible solutions might be other stop signs on the
street. Possible LED solar speed signs like on Sego Lily. Paulina Flint made
a motion to send a letter to Salt Lake County Publics Works about this
concern. Seconded and passed. Ken Prince to draft letter.
- Meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.