White City Township Community Council
October 3rd, 2012 @ 7:00 PM
Eastmont Middle School 10100 S 1300 E
- Meeting called to order by Troy Blundell, Chair, there was a quorum. Kay
Dickerson was excused since he was out of the area for a couple of weeks.
Welcomed visitors attending meeting Don Dumas, Darren Webster and Cody
Cutler. Pledge was lead by Deputy Brooks Green.
- Approval of September 5th, 2012 Minutes. Paulina Flint made a motion to
approve the minutes as presented. Motion seconded and approved.
- Treasurers’ Report. Jeremy Christensen gave the Treasurers report and
lead a discussion on the 2013 Budget and that we have received the 501 C4
approval. Paul Smith moved that we approve the report as presented. Motion
seconded and approved.
- Discussion by WCTCC Nomination Committee about polling places. Paul
Smith moved to use the White City Water District Office for voting and
counting ballots for the next Election. Motion seconded and approved.
- Utah Covenant on Community Districts and Councils was presented by
Paulina Flint and it was decided to discuss these items next month.
- SL County Institutional Controls Ordinance discussions lead to a motion
by Don Patocka to support the Ordnance. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Unified Police Report-Officer Green reported 181 Calls, 58 cases and 60
- There was a discussion about the residents at 891 Emerald and 9534 Poppy
Lane regarding spray painting of lawn furniture and the concern that local
resident had about the License to do business at these residents poises a
hazard for the residents in the area. Paulina Flint made a motion to ask the
SL County to amend the Ordnance on the issuing of a license for spray
painting and other toxic businesses. Motion seconded and approved.
- ACCT Report-Paulina Flint reported that there will be training in
- New Business- There was a discussion about the Salt Lake Valley
Conference of Mayors regarding (in support of) Millcreek City Incorporation.
A copy of the resolution is attached to the minutes.
- Meeting was adjourned.